Monday, November 12, 2007

New machine - webtests

We got new laptops recently. They're super awesome; HP Compaq 8710p; 4 GB RAM; 150 GB drive; Intel Core Duo CPU T7100 1.80 GHz; CD/DVD combo drive with burner

Right now I'm updating the web tests to work on this machine. It seems like some parameters in the web tests contain encoded information about the old machine. For certain things I was able to do Find In Files and Replace text values, since web tests are stored in XML format.

Here's what I changed in web tests on new laptop:

1) Replace in Files: path to text files used in Data Sources
2) Replace in Files: web application URL
3) Delete and Insert the Data Sources - left the existing bindings when deleting the data source
4) Record a web test on the new machine to get the updated VIEWSTATE and replace __VIEWSTATE=/hdnsytYTTfwjkwkmi from the old machine with the new value for the new machine in the Form Post Parameters
5) Delete __VIEWSTATE=/WkdujnUWEUiwkmi from the Form Post Parameters

Add Data Source for Text File with Header Row:

1) Click Add Data Source button
2) Select the Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider under the OLE DB Provider choice list
3) Click Advanced button
4) Enter "Text;" without quotes in the first item under Advanced>Extended Properties
5) Click OK
6) Enter path to input file under the "Server or file name" text box - without file name
7) Click Test Connection
8) Click OK at "Test connection succeeded' message
9) Click OK to close the Add Data Source dialog
10) Select check box next to input file used in the web test and click OK

No comments: