I forgot to record closing the browser, so I added it under TestCleanup.
Here is what I changed in the CodedUI Test:
1) click + to expand the Additional test attributes region
2) Un-comment the TestCleanup method
3) add a line to close the browser: "this.map.UIMSNcomWindowsInterneWindow.Close();"
public void MyTestCleanup()
// To generate code for this test, select "Generate Code for Coded UI Test" from the shortcut menu and select one of the menu items.
// For more information on generated code, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=179463
Friday, March 25, 2011
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
I have some virtual machines used for testing. I am writing down what I do when we make a copy of the Virtual PC. Sometimes I make a copy of a virtual machine or give a copy to someone else to use. Then I have to rename the virtual PC, so there are not conflicts; rename the machine in Windows, assign a new MAC address to both network adapters, rename the SQL Server, and change the database connection strings in used by services and applications.
1) login to the Virtual PC; select Control Panel> System> Computer Name> Change... and enter a new name
2) restart Windows when it prompts you to reboot
3) open SQL Query Analyzer and rename the SQL Server instance
GO sp_addserver , local GO
4) close virtual machine and commit changes to hard disk
5) edit the .vmc file to change the MAC address; there is one line for each network adapter,
so in a laptop I had to change two lines one for the wireless adapter and one for the wired connection
6) reconfigure any applications that use the machine name or IP address