Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

change of scenery

Today I had a checkup at the eye doctor and they dialated my eyes. I still went to work, but it was pretty hard to see the monitor. I turned down the brightness. I was able to find 10 bugs that I should have seen a long time ago.

I'm being monitored for glaucoma, but so far everything is fine. I only have high pressure in my eyes. Both were 29. The doctor said I don't need medicine until something changes with my vision.

This reminded me that I need to make a better effort to see things differently. I've been training myself to find software bugs, but maybe I'm not finding enough of the obvious issues.

Here's some things to try that might help you see the software in a new way: rearrange your desk, change the monitor resolution, change the brightness, change the Windows theme, or change browser skins.

No comments: