Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Validation Rule - prohibited text

The Validation Rule can be set to fail a test when prohibited text is found on the page. I used this to fail when the message "error running report" is found.
  1. Add Validation Rule
  2. Find Text
  3. Enter Text to search for and set Pass If Text Found = False
Here is the message if the forbidden text is found:

"The prohibited text 'There was an error running the report.' appeared in the HTML response. FindText=There was an error running the report., IgnoreCase=False, UseRegularExpression=False, PassIfTextFound=False"

(select the row that fails in the test results and click the Details tab to view the error)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I about the brief should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.